I am an artist – a potter turned painter – and an attorney. I grew up in Michigan and today I live in Takoma Park, Maryland, and Port Wing, Wisconsin, and paint in my studios there, or as I travel.
I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn’t say any other way – things I had no words for. -Georgia O’Keeffe
Today my work hangs in homes and businesses in Alaska, California, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, New York, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Washington, D.C. -- as well as in Colombia and Moldova.
Where My Work Shows
- CHULITNA LODGE, Lake Clark National Preserve, Alaska. 6/2016, Poppies Along The Way on permanent display.
- SALON JAM, Takoma Park, Maryland. 6/2016 to present, originals and prints.
- ARTSPRING Artist Coop, Maryland. 5/2016 to present, prints and note cards.
- , 6/2016.
- ART HOP FESTIVAL, Takoma Park, Maryland. Festival sponsor Main Street Takoma, business sponsor Old Takoma ACE Hardware. 5/2016.
- HOLIDAY ART MARKETS, Logan ACE Hardware in Washington, D.C., 12/2015.
- EXHIBIT, Potato/Pohtato, Sides of Midwestern Life at 22 North Gallery. Four pieces from Minnesota and Wisconsin: Grand Marais Shore; Split Rock Light, Abstract; Storm Rolling Up Superior; and Summer Thunderstorm. Ypsilanti, Michigan, 11-12, 2015.
- DISPLAY, June 26, 2015 @ The White House at Capital Cheesecake Company, Takoma Park, Maryland. 10-11/2015.
- COLLABORATIVE PROJECT SHOW, Fragility: White Birches – duo painting and mixed media sculpture – in Ripples 2, Design on Main Gallery, Iowa State University, 11-12/2015, Ames, Iowa. Facebook at Ripples 2 and on Tumblr at Preserved Confusion. Challenge material provided by Tiberiu Chelcea.
- ON-LINE. June 26, 2015 @ The White House to the National Center for Lesbian Rights for Marriage Equality Victory, a nationwide marketing campaign. See http://www.cafepress.com/nclrights. Facebook launch, 9/2015, 712 Likes, 36 Shares.
- LAW FIRM COLLECTION of Andrei Briceac and the Institute for Civil Justice, Chisinau, Moldova. 7/2015.
- LAW FIRM COLLECTION of Zavos & Juncker, LLP in Silver Spring, Maryland, Asp/en Stand & Sunset Glow, Beach Houses. 6/2015.
- 2015-2020 STRATEGIC PLAN; A Nationwide Campaign for Fair and Impartial Courts – Justice at Stake, 4/2015.
- ART HOP FESTIVAL, Takoma Park, Maryland. Festival sponsor Main Street Takoma, business sponsor Old Takoma ACE Hardware. 5/2015.
- JURIED SHOW, Laurel Art Guild Open, Montpelier Arts Center, Maryland. Swirling Snow 3-4/, 2015.
- OFFICES, National Institute on Money in State Politics, Helena, Montana.
Individual Artist Project Grant, Arts & Humanities Council of Montgomery County, Maryland.
Artist Residency, Chulitna Lodge on Lake Clark, Alaska. June 2016
Early photographs by Stephen Bobb, http://www.stephenbobb.com/.
For my mom, Claudia Seaton, who drove me to Cranbrook Academy to paint — almost 40 years ago. An avid collector of my work since the earliest days, her home is my best gallery.
For my daughter, Ryan, my most faithful critic.
For my spouse, Pat Evans, shown below, for her loving encouragement.